The 2020 – 2021 School Dress Code is as follows:
SPS students are expected to dress appropriately for an academic environment.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must be as long as the fingertips when arms are placed at one’s side (mid-thigh).
- Pants must fit and NOT sag (belts should be worn if needed).
- Leggings must be accompanied by shirts/tops as long as the fingertips when arms are placed at one’s side (mid-thigh).
- Halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, or tops that expose the upper body will not be permitted.
- For safety reasons, flip flops, open toe sandals, or slippers may not be worn
- Caps, hoods, scarves, bandanas, etc. may not be worn. (Note: The only exception to this rule is documented religious or medical reasons)
- Logos on clothing that advertise or symbolize any illegal substances, containing derogatory phrases, profanity, or portrays violence or criminal behavior are not permitted.
- All clothing must be neat, clean and in a condition of good repair.
Parents will be contacted and requested to bring a change of clothing for those students whose attire does not meet the stated expectations.
These expectations represent a change from our traditional uniform policy. With the new freedom comes new responsibility. It is our desire to uphold the high expectations that we already have for our students so that all students at Stony Point South look like young students of excellence each day!