Ages and Stages Questionnaires for Kindergarten Parents
Welcome to Stony Point South Elementary School.
Dear Stony Point South’s Parents,
I want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. The staff and I are excited to see you and the children again, even though we are starting remotely. It’s been a wonderful (and hot) summer and we are ready to begin a new school year and experience all the great things it has in store for us!
Important dates to remember:
August 6th – Open House/Meet Your Teacher Night (5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
This is a good time to help your children find their classrooms, meet their teacher and bring in school supplies so they don’t have to carry them in on the first day of school.
August 7th – First Day of School (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- School hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- The south door off the parking lot (near the cafeteria) will open at 8:00 a.m. each day. All children arriving between 8:00 a.m. and 8:10 a.m. will enter the building through the south door near the cafeteria. The front door will open at 8:10 a.m. and children arriving between 8:10 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. will enter through the front door. It is important that you do not drop your child off before 8:00 a.m. – there is no adult supervision and the building will not be open until 8:00 a.m. We want to ensure the safety of each child.
- Stony Point South is not a uniform school. Students are expected to adhere to the dress code. Please see dress code information in the “Parents and Students” tab.
- Breakfast in the classroom will be served at 8:10 a.m. and class will begin at 8:30 a.m. Every student will be offered breakfast at no charge. Lunch will not be free of charge for the 2020-2021 school year. Parents are required to submit a lunch application for each family to see if your child qualifies for free or reduced cost lunches. If your child plans on eating breakfast, he/she should arrive at 8:10 a.m.
- Transportation information will be mailed to you by the district on July 29th.
- There is a Media Opt Out form enclosed. It is important that you complete and return the media release form if you do not want your child to be included in pictures or videos that may be posted on social media (ex: SPS website, SPS Facebook, etc.) .
- You are always welcome to come into the building. We ask that you come in through the front door and sign in and out as a visitor. To ensure the safety of our children, we must make sure we can account for all persons in the building. It is important that you always obtain a visitor’s badge. We promote and encourage uninterrupted instructional time so when it is necessary to conference with your child’s teacher or administrator, please make an appointment.
The staff and I are looking forward to working closely with you and your child this school year. It is our intention to provide the children with a safe and caring environment, one in which they are able to relax and excel academically.
Ms. S. Hendricks, Principal
Click here to access this calendar from other apps.